Monday, July 15, 2013

# 1

Geesh, who knew there would be so much pressure on writing my first blog post? I was sitting there on the couch  (looking like a beached whale at almost 35 weeks pregnant)  and I was almost having anxiety on what my first blog post should be. Is it possible to have writers block ALREADY???  That is when I decided that there will be hundreds of posts after this and in reality I have little to no followers so in reality it will probably be the least read post I have. 

So on that note I am just going to ramble on about how this blog even came about. Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a really hard time sitting still and now that I am headed into the tail end of my third trimester I am having to FORCE myself to have a recharge day every now and again. Hans keeps reminding me that if I keep going this hard and over do it I am going to end up on bed rest and that could be a very horrible thing for not only me but everyone around me. Seriously...it won't be pretty!

Whenever I talk to any of my friends up North in the city I hear over and over again "you should start a blog!" It had never occurred to me until just recently when Hans suggested I needed to find a new hobby that would keep me entertained on the days that I needed to recharge. I don't really watch television, I have read stacks and stacks of books, and spending all day in the kitchen trying out new recipes is just asking to pack on a few more pregnancy pounds than the 25-35 that is suggested for a woman of my height and weight. So far I am at 24 so I need to hold steady from here on out! So now that our internet is fixed (it's a looooooong story but it hasn't worked correctly for months now) and I have to find something to keep my mind occupied, I decided this is as good a time as any to start.

Finally...a hobby I can have where I can take some weight off my ever so slowly swelling feet yet still feel like I am doing something somewhat productive!

                Laptop, sausage toes, and hanging out with lazy dogs have made this possible today.
Oh and better quality pictures from here on out, I promise!


1 comment:

Renee Smith said...

I am so excited to find your blog! Start at the beginning and explain how you ended up on the farm.. for those of us that know you from your city life!