Monday, November 11, 2013

The Bumbo





I'd like to give a great big high 5 to whoever it was that invented this magic little baby seat called The Bumbo. Heck, forget the high 5, I'd like to lay a big fat wet one on 'em!  You may be thinking I'm crazy but seriously, today my life was drastically changed by it. Before today I have either been taking the worlds fastest showers, or waiting for Hans to get home so I could shower and actually take the time to shave my legs and wash my hair, or just skipping them all together which is pretty gross if you ask me considering the amount of spit up, milk, and who knows what other bodily fluids are spilled on me daily. 

I have had The Bumbo stored in the closet since my baby shower because I knew it would be awhile before we would be able to use it and actually I kind of forgot about it until earlier this week when it caught my eye and I pulled it out. Olive can now totally support her neck and head and loves sitting up or standing more than laying down so I figured it was a good time to try it out. Other than her chunky monkey legs almost not fitting in the leg holes, she sits in it perfectly. 

After the pretty sweaty workout that Olive and I had today (me working out and using Olive for my weights during most of it)  I was DYING for a long hot shower where I could not only wash my stank off, but shave my legs, and wash my hair. Problem being it takes longer than her hour long nap to do both of those and dry my hair afterwards so I was either going to have to go with the slicked back top knot for yet another day or have legs that would for sure feel like 60 grit sandpaper by tomorrow morning. Then it dawned on me...Baby + Bumbo + big huge step in the back of my shower ='s  a half hour of entertainment for my child that LOVES the water and an extra long shower for mommy.  So in we went and a half hour later I came out squeaky clean with a little girl who was grinning from ear to ear.  Plus all the steam and being splashed with warm water made putting her down for a nap afterwards a piece of cake.  Aaaawwwwhhhhh is all I have to say about that.  Thank you Bumbo creators...thank you!

You know, I think I'm getting the hang of this parenting thing after all.

What creative ways have you other Mom's put your Bumbos to good use?

No comments: